Minnesota Women's Basketball

A Discussion Forum for Gopher and Lynx fans
login.php?sid=f0b5e86a970e628c99aebe58353918f5 profile.php?mode=register&sid=f0b5e86a970e628c99aebe58353918f5 faq.php?sid=f0b5e86a970e628c99aebe58353918f5 memberlist.php?sid=f0b5e86a970e628c99aebe58353918f5 search.php?sid=f0b5e86a970e628c99aebe58353918f5 index.php?sid=f0b5e86a970e628c99aebe58353918f5

Minnesota Women's Basketball Forum Index » Lynx and WNBA Discussion » 2013 Lynx Training Camp stuff Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
MinnyMe
League Champion
League Champion

Well Jess will be missed Sad
She put in a whole lot of work to get where she's been. Plus she's one of the nicest, kindest people you will ever meet. I wish her nothing but the best of health & good fortune going forward.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
MinnyMe
League Champion
League Champion

Annnnnd it appears the big Aussie is going to give the WNBA a shot this year Shocked

http://www.wnba.com/shock/news/liz_cambage_returns__tulsa_2013_05_16.html

Should she actually get on the plane this time back to the States, should spice things up even more in the West Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
irk
League Champion
League Champion

MinnyMe wrote:
Well Jess will be missed Sad
She put in a whole lot of work to get where she's been. Plus she's one of the nicest, kindest people you will ever meet. I wish her nothing but the best of health & good fortune going forward.

Same here. I'm bummed about that.
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
irk
League Champion
League Champion

MinnyMe wrote:
Annnnnd it appears the big Aussie is going to give the WNBA a shot this year Shocked

Should she actually get on the plane this time back to the States, should spice things up even more in the West Laughing

I'm glad we didn't end up with her. Girl, make up your damn mind! I bet Coach Klop worked on her. Or maybe the Diggins & Wiggins show (and/or other personnel changes) has changed her mind? Or going up against Griner?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Shades
League Champion
League Champion

irk wrote:
MinnyMe wrote:

I'm glad we didn't end up with her. Girl, make up your damn mind! I bet Coach Klop worked on her. Or maybe the Diggins & Wiggins show (and/or other personnel changes) has changed her mind? Or going up against Griner?

Griner took her cushy job in China.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
MinnyMe
League Champion
League Champion

irk wrote:
MinnyMe wrote:

I have to think her initial experience w/Tulsa & Nolan Richardson was just so not the greatest experience for a 19 yr old coming to a different country and how that organization handled things. I didn’t have a good vibe about Tulsa to start.

JMO but had she been taken by us w/#2 pick her experience would have been night Crying or Very sad and day and thus her feelings likely very different about the WNBA. Now, she does seem to be fun loving and has a big personality but she’s still just 21?. Just because someone is thrust into a professional environment doesn’t mean they are mature enough to handle all that comes with it. You live and learn while rubbing others the wrong way Laughing

There may have been a few factors that helped her change her mind; the view point of the recently hired Aussie Nat'l team coach who (unlike the previous coach the last 5+ yrs?) is now encouraging the Aussie gals to play in the best league and not shun it; how her broken wrist has healed (that can be a tricky injury to recover from) and maybe hearing from some Tulsa teammates because the team/coaches are nothing like the group she last played with.

This is one of the reason if I was Tulsa I wasn’t jumping to trade her rights. If she wanted to return to the league they were the gatekeepers. They set themselves up to go on without. Should she come back, having better players and coaches around could make for a happier more motivated player. Which could make them a better team IMO. or show her value if it doesn't work out for higher trade value. But, I think the current make up of Tulsa should be a positive for her.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:13 am Reply with quote
gopher5
Conference Champion
Conference Champion

Lindsey Moore is Lindsay Whalen's shadow in camp

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23262532/minnesota-lynx-lindsey-moore-is-lindsay-whalens-shadow

Quote:
Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve has said virtually nothing to rookie point guard Lindsey Moore in the first nine days of training camp.

That is a good thing.

I am glad they are doing this:

Quote:
The Lynx this season will honor former executive Conrad Smith with a "CS'' patch on game jerseys.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
irk
League Champion
League Champion

MinnyMe wrote:
the view point of the recently hired Aussie Nat'l team coach who (unlike the previous coach the last 5+ yrs?) is now encouraging the Aussie gals to play in the best league and not shun it

That's interesting.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
irk
League Champion
League Champion

gopher5 wrote:
I am glad they are doing this:

Quote:
The Lynx this season will honor former executive Conrad Smith with a "CS'' patch on game jerseys.

Yeah, that's a nice gesture.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
MinnyMe
League Champion
League Champion

irk wrote:
MinnyMe wrote:
the view point of the recently hired Aussie Nat'l team coach who (unlike the previous coach the last 5+ yrs?) is now encouraging the Aussie gals to play in the best league and not shun it

That's interesting.

Ah had to know Mechelle Voepel would have some thought. Another great read from her Laughing

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/9283732/wnba-liz-cambage-says-return-tulsa-shock-season

Quote:
In the wake of Thursday's announcement, the speculation was rampant. Would Cambage really show up? Was Tulsa going to get a pie in the face again? Was her decision impacted at all by new Australian national team coach Brendan Joyce's endorsement of WNBA play for Opals? (A refreshingly different attitude, by the way, than that of his predecessors.)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
PoohBear
All-Star
All-Star

For what it's worth, the Brazilian national team had an exhibition game with the Mystics, and the Brazilian player with the most minutes (30.5), points (12), rebounds (9), and blocks (4), was one Damaris Dantas, a Lynx second-round draft pick from last summer. She also led Brazil with the most free throws made (4) and turnovers (also 4), and was tied for the lead in free throwqs attempted (4), steals (2) and personal fouls (5).
Here's a link to the boxscore from the game:

http://www.wnba.com/games/20130515/BRAWAS/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

I wonder when she'll try to see if she can make it in the WNBA.
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
mannman
Team Captain
Team Captain

Dantas was a first round draft pick.
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
PoohBear
All-Star
All-Star

That's right--she was number 12 after we got Dev at 3. I was forgetting my draft history.
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
gopher5
Conference Champion
Conference Champion

https://twitter.com/Lynx_PR/status/337216161118826496
LosLynx announce the team has waived Jacki Gemelos and Chucky Jeffery. Roster currently sits at 12 with roster cut-down deadline tomorrow.
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Shades
League Champion
League Champion

irk wrote:
MinnyMe wrote:

Hide your ice cream and pancakes!
She's BaAaAaAaCK!

Minnesota Women's Basketball Forum Index » Lynx and WNBA Discussion